CREATING CONNECTIONS. IMPROVING LIVES.
Identified as a Presidential Project, Bridge City is a thriving mixed-use precinct established in partnership between the eThekwini Municipality and Tongaat Hulett Property. It was established in 2007, and is situated just 17 kilometres north of Durban, between Pinetown and uMhlanga Ridge. Unlocking access to the surrounding communities, Bridge City offers attractive investment opportunities in a professionally-managed, integrated and dynamic development node.
The precinct is home to a municipal services hub, including a new Magistrates’ Court, as well as a range of residential, retail, commercial and industrial offerings. These are centred around key developments like the Bridge City Mall, Town Centre and Business Estate. This is all made accessible by significant infrastructural development, including integration with the city’s R20 billion inter-modal public transport initiative, GO!Durban, which lies at the core of Bridge City and seamlessly connects everything on offer to the local and surrounding communities of Phoenix, Inanda, Ntuzuma and KwaMashu.
Created in Total
Nucleus of the GO!Durban Integrated Rapid Public Transport Network
100 000 commuters served daily on completion
M25 Half Diamond Interchange completed
Only 3 kilometres from the N2 highway
- 500-bed Dr Pixely ka Isaka Seme Memorial Regional State Hospital
- 150-bed Private Hospital
- Regional Magistrates’ Court
- Proposed “Government Mall” housing offices of departments such as Home Affairs, the Department of Social Development and additional municipal services
- 56 developable hectares in total
- Established precinct with services and infrastructure in place
- Flexible basket of rights
- Mixed-use Town Centre: commercial, residential, retail and office space
- Business Estate: Service industry, light industry, retail, warehousing, education and training, and building industry
- Fully-serviced, platformed and transfer-ready sites
- Precinct overseen by the Bridge City Management Association
- Existing security to include CCTV monitoring from January 2018